Friday, May 12, 2006

Musings from munirka

We have a serious problem, my guide tells me, we find it difficult to sell the resin during lean months. I’ll reserve my strong emotions for worse disasters. I nod my head gravely anyway.

The summers project started a month back, with an orientation session. A whole session went off with the company history. One Lala Shriram who founded DCM, gave birth to three Shrirams who in turn gave birth to well, lot of shrirams. They fought among each other and gave birth to even more shriram companies and here we are, he showed one corner with a laser pointer. Thank god for flowcharts, it might well have turned out a disorientation session. I already had first three pages of my report ready.

Tell you what, there is a saying in tamil – oru paanai sotrukku oru soru padham. (How do you know whether the rice is cooked? Sample one grain and see.) It couldn’t be truer with my survey. I could’ve written the whole report after meeting one consumer. They are all the same. The good thing is I chose my time to work and when to go to office.

I frequent my relatives place here during weekends to eat south Indian food and well, keep in touch in the process. Wherever I go, I’m asked to advise the kids- Jyotika, anna is brilliant and hardworking (I know) so ask for his advise. The kid comes to me and looks at me like I’m some…whatever. Where do you stand in class, kid? Last time, I missed the first rank, she avers. Hmmm, how can you miss first rank? I shout at her. What comes around goes around. Hahahahaha. Thankfully, she didn’t ask the same question.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally something from the master... good to see u giving advice to ur cousins and all.. lets hope they ignore it..

Id it is said...

Welcome back!