Thursday, November 03, 2005

Get your dream company!

Some of us have been shortlisted, some waiting to be one. Here are some suggested answers to some clichéd questions…

Q. Why our company?

     Some of us are desperately waiting for a shortlist, and this one assumes the contrary. Don’t take slight at that. We can say something like ‘your company is 3 blocks away from my home in chennai’ or ‘you shortlisted me’, but that wouldn’t sound too smart, will it? Try something like, ‘I went through the vision and mission statements of a million companies, and tried to match with mine. You proved lucky!’

Q. Where do you like to be seen five years from now?

     Ah, if only I knew where I would be few days from now! You can say something like, ‘Be your boss’, but it wouldn’t get you anywhere. Try ‘I want to be the receptacle of ideas, paradigm of probity, and engine of growth, the piston of change, steering the people along’. It will make you sound smart, and if the company makes cars, who knows?

Q. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

     ‘I am a hopeless workaholic’ is one that’s been tried for years. But I tried this in my XLRI interview ‘I dream that I am the PM of this country and change its fortune’ for both my strength and weakness. Strength, as you dream big, weakness- you are disconnected with reality. Find something like this which will leave the interviewer confused.

No comments: