Saturday, December 30, 2006

What the year taught me

The trick to answering that question is knowing what you are and what you were, which I’m not sure I do. A close friend may notice something.

We had an exercise in one of our courses in which we were put into a group and ask each other to tell what the person’s first impressions were about the other. What do I come across as first up? An intellectual! What doesn’t make me laugh is an impression that I’m sarcastic. Well, may be, but never intended to bite anyone.

I’m not proactive. I always believed in sanctity of the system, whatever that means, and followed it. I thought may be that will change. Not a bit.

I thought may be my stupid jokes will be sobered by the purported superior education. It didn’t because there is no need to, as long as it tickles one funny bone, one beneath my skin.

One thing I learn t is that the results i get depends on my mood which tends to swing from wild euphoria to gloom. I’m sober as write this line though I don’t know why. I also don’t know why I become cold in the presence of my gregarious sister though I cannot stop talking about her to everyone I know. I don’t know how I managed to get over my lovable granny’s death so quickly and say ‘her time had come’ to my astounded relatives when I was only 9.

I can’t be that bad, can I? The year should’ve taught me something. May be I do things I can, complaining less frequently. May be that’s why I walk around in circles less, when the deadlines approach. And I speak out more than I ever did. Because its one of the few things I’m good at.

Happy New Year.

No comments: