Thursday, August 25, 2005

Short memoir

Writing a resume is second most thing i detest (Asking questions
on my resume comes first). Why? Because resume means we have
to think about ourselves. And when i think what I have done vis-a-vis
my more illustrious peers, i feel sick. So what happens when a resume
for the summers internship is required? Procrastination.

I write the smallest things i have done, in not so small terms. I give
it to some seniors for feedback, and what do they tell? Add more to
points which i haven't and cut crap in things which i have. For eg,
Wrote a lot of things about my online trading. Portfolio, risks
etcetera.For christsake! seniors tell me, these are finance companies.
Don't dare teach them share trading.  Ugh, that's an interesting
perspective, i tell them, but no, that doesn't save my face. I manage
to send the resume five minutes before deadline.

I had a strange visitor at my room, Mr.Scorpion. I stay away from my
room while my roommate sounak stomps it to death. Yours truly is
so kind hearted to see even a scorpion die, you see. Boy! this place is
a zoo- snakes, scorpions, profs....and not least of all, myself.

I get a romantic SMS in the middle of the night.
"CLOSENESS resides in heart... no matter how far apart we are, you
are always remembered. " I am not annoyed at all to be woken
up, thank you. I call this number and ask in the sweetest possible
voice, who are youuuuuu? Sriram (Kumbaks) replies 'dei, this is my
new number'. 'OH! Ummm.. okay err... how are you, kumbaks?'

We had a weird understanding at our organizational behaviour(its
basically pshychology) class. Ask doubts that uses some words
unconnected with the subject- abortion, i love u, cardboard, ceramic
to quote a few. So we did managed a few - 'sir, if mom affirms child
with 'i love u' message, how does that have an impact on child's
Cognitive ability? Sir, is cardboard an effective channel for
communication impact on listener? Yours truly goes overboard:
sir, are relations like ceramic in that once broken can't be mended?
or can it?' Prof says wah! kyah class participation.

Rest in next.    

No comments: