Thursday, September 08, 2005

Classes today

Operations Management:  Talk about pun, sushil (prof) cracked one unknowingly. The mike malfunctioned as usual and after some tinkering, worked. Prof checked it and said ‘sounds okay’. Each day brings a wealth of information to be added to you repertoire, if only you are intent on getting it. (I can’t recall the subject information though)

Economics: Business as usual. Talk of World Bank, hey, I know something about it. Read my other post on WB.

Organizational Behaviour Decoded:  A manager should not say ‘From his views, I find the chap smart, so I trust him’. He should say ‘By evaluating his normative statements, I rate his cognitive abilities high. Therefore I will build a relationship structure based on mutual trust’. The two statements mean the same, but the latter obviously comes from a smarter person. So Shailu (prof) made us a shade smarter by his 90 minute lecturing.


No comments: