Saturday, September 24, 2005

Why do I write serious stuff?


I am not a serious guy. I crack wits all the time, and sometimes I’m the only one who laughs. When others do laugh, sometimes I get the feeling that they laugh at me, not my jokes. And I had no way to check. Till I started blogging.

When you like my write up, you come back, don’t you? It’s in a way, in psychological terms, self monitoring. So I started mimicking calvin and hobbes (I’m too small to have a style of my own). And writing wit is a very tough job. An occasional post may come out good (like manac presenta(sham)tion); doesn’t happen all the time.

So why not write serious stuff to fill the gap? What should I write? Psycho babbling (like this) all the time will only drive you away. I have this USP, reading editorials. I think I started this much before the gyan given by TIME or IMS or whatever. So I started choosing a topic, write whatever I had read on it, and give an occasional opinion (as if I am Alan Greenspan).

How does it help? One, it helps me refine what I think about that topic. Two, it gives me a little satisfaction that I share serious stuff in simple digestible words (I hope).

What can you do? I don’t ask you to post comments all the time, but I do ask you to comment on serious stuff. May be you can tell me what I haven’t thought on that topic.

Footnote: When you read this post, you may get the feeling that I AM A SERIOUS GUY!

No comments: