Saturday, September 17, 2005

What is a self analysis test?


Long long ago, the rishis wandered Himalayas and did tapas to find about themselves. Fast forward 2005; we are doing the same in a computer that too in one hour!

There are a lot of heads-personality, group-dynamics, leadership etcetera. All on a 6 point scale – given a situation you disagree- strongly, moderately, slightly, one neutral and three agree.

How are the questions? There is one test- how good are you at building a team?
The questions are like this
  1. I encourage team members to balance autonomy with interdependence among other team members.
Hmmm… I guess I slightly agree.
  1. I encourage the team to achieve dramatic breakthrough innovations as well as small continuous improvements.
Hmmmm…
  1. I diagnose and capitalize on the core competence.
I’m neutral (I don’t understand one word of this, damn it)

So how do you analyze the scores of these tests? Fast, the deadline is only two hours away. So I write, ‘…By analyzing the scores, I believe that I could make paradigm shift in the way I deal with people that will result in not just evolutionary but revolutionary changes that will help me handle the tempestuous challenges facing this world.’ Take that, sailu (prof)!

Footnote: There were a lot of printouts spewed by the printer that people didn’t know whose score-sheet was which. Clement saw two score-sheets wondering which was his, took the one which looked better. May be this is what is called personality conflict.

No comments: