Friday, September 23, 2005

Term I ends today


It seems like yesterday that I was vegetating at vinay’s (my best friend) house when a mail that said ‘very urgent’ (regarding IIM admit) came and put my career in an F-1 track. The term I (first of six) is over already.

Lucknow is a place I’ve never been, met and acquainted with colorful and gregarious north Indians, started doing things (like blogging) which I am not sure I would’ve done otherwise, and found things about myself which I never knew before.

I know the purported air that surrounds us, the mixture of admiration-envy-indifference the society attaches, the expectations of companies…. Our life will never be the same, will it?

I came here with modest expectations, finishing the course without hiccups, build a few good friendships, get a reasonably good job, and on the whole, enjoy my stay here. So I don’t find the rationale of crossing the line in the exam hall and getting a better CGPA which some of my more ambitious peers share. This is not to suggest that I’m the most perfect of them all. I have done it before, and never felt good afterwards. I hope I never find any situation so desperate as to cross the line.

Talked about economics and operations right? What about the other exams?

IT Management

The prof is a little weird. Gives a 3 part question
Part 1- Write a question
Part 2- write the marking scheme
Part 3- write the answer. Great. I was so tempted to give a question, ‘what is the full form of ITM’ for 5 marks.  

Organizational Behavior

We had this question. Write the precise title of your project and write the objectives and findings. Alas, none of the other members of my group knew the exact title, though most of them did contribute to the project work. This was the case in other groups also. I heard a lot of ‘title, title’ murmurs in the hall. I found it almost funny.    

1 comment:

Incredibly Indian said...

yeah yeah amie ! you would find it amusing that even after working soo hard on the project (wink wink) we could not answer it cuz we didnt know that bl--dy title.
anywho, i hope you got it right ! ill beat you in ITM then !( fingers crossed)

muwahahaaa