Saturday, September 24, 2005

Home sweet home


Ah, finally home. It’s a nice feeling, isn’t it? After three months of dog work in a secluded place.

The flight was a hop- Lucknow-Delhi;Delhi-Chennai. And I didn’t had to disembark at Delhi. I got to see the activity in the flight before the passengers board – airhostesses with their quick touchups and lipsticks, an army of men doing what I thought was cleaning- very amusing indeed.

I had to put up at hostel for one day as I’d taken the apex for 24th instead of 23rd and couldn’t pre-pone it - I couldn’t get a refund. It’s tough to spend a day at IIM doing nothing, I MEAN NOTHING! So I went to the library and flipped through one Principle centered Leadership, by Stephen covey. Have you read his 7 habits of highly effective people? It’s a must read. This one was too similar to that. Got bored in third chapter itself.

Tried to get one book, Freakonomics, suggested by one blog friend (new avatar of pen friend!) Couldn’t get that. I’ll try when I get home.

Talked to my sister who is in London via voice chat. I am a little conservative, but I must admit that the technology is fabulous.

So if you think I spent the day usefully after all, you are mistaken. For most part of the day, I was counting the minutes. Everyone had left the 23rd afternoon itself. To rub salt, there was my special room mate who kept telling me that I have the entire hostel to play the next day. I asked him to get lost but alas, he didn’t get the cue and continued rambling about how lucky I am to get such a wonderful opportunity. He got the harshest verbal thrashing of his life.

Well, I try to make the place come alive wherever I am, but I do have this nasty temper. Hey, there is a limit to even banter, isn’t it? I was a little sad to having him leave with the sourest of moods. Have a nice vacation, mate. And don’t think about me.

1 comment:

Id it is said...

Lucky you to be home, and with the term ended! We've just begun our new academic session here; September is always...mayhem.